When you wear contact lenses it is important that your eyes are checked regularly to ensure they remain healthy and you always have the optimum lenses for your eyes.
We offer Home Delivery for your Contact Lenses.
Are you considering switching from glasses to contact lenses? Unlike many larger optical stores, Jenson & Ledingham Opticians are free to choose from any contact lens manufacturer on the market.
The freedom for us to choose from many brands ensures you will always receive the most suitable type of lenses at very competitive prices. When you wear contact lenses it is important that your eyes are checked regularly to ensure they remain healthy and you always have the optimum lenses for your eyes.
NO HIDDEN EXTRAS!
All our prices include:
- Fitting fees
- Check-up appointments
- Emergency appointments
- Free replacements
- Sight tests every two years
We do not re-package or re-brand any of our suppliers products like other opticians sometimes do. When your lenses are supplied by Jenson & Ledingham you will know exactly which type and manufacturer we are recommending. With new silicone materials it has never been easier to enjoy the benefits of contact lenses with unparalleled comfort. This applies to all ages – even if you wear varifocal glasses. We are accredited supplier of major contact lens manufacturers including Johnson & Johnson, Ciba, Cooper Vision, Bausch & Lomb, Sauflon, Veni Vidi.
Our Careplan aftercare programme is a great way to enjoy contact lenses. As an independent practice, we can base your Careplan around virtually any type of lens made by major and specialised manufacturers.
From initial consultation and fitting, we’re here to provide ongoing care and assistance to ensure contact lenses supplied through us provide you with optimum eyesight and comfort.
And with no minimal order requirement, no matter what your needs are, you can benefit from our great prices.
For more details, view our glossary of terms.
Contact Lens Advice
The use of contact lenses has been a life changing experience for many people. However, it is very important that certain guidelines are adhered to:
- You must always clean your hands when handling contact lens – this is very important, even for 1 day disposable lenses.
- Do not continue wearing the lenses if you experience any irritation or discomfort. Remove immediately, insert some preservative-free lubricating drops (which should always be to hand) and contact your optician as soon as possible.
- Never, never, NEVER store your lenses in tap water or rinse them with tap water.
- Never lubricate your lenses with saliva. Improper treatment can leave you open to infection from bacteria and certain organisms which can be sight threatening.
- Always adhere to the instructions given with regard to your cleaning and disinfecting system.
- Having your lenses checked every 6 months is essential.
- Do not wear your lenses for too long.
If you have astigmatism your vision may be blurry or distorted at all distances. The extent of this will vary based on individual differences in the shape of your eye. Thanks to recent developments in technology, people with astigmatism can now enjoy vision correction with a specially designed soft contact lenses.
Your optician is best placed to help you decide which type of contact lens is right for your vision needs. You can also find further advice about choosing the right type of contact lenses here.